- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN — French actress Emmanuelle Beart and her German colleague Jan Josef Liefers will host the 20th annual European Film Awards on Dec. 1 in Berlin.
Beart and Liefers headline what will be a long roster of European talent that has signed on for presenting duties at this year’s EFAs, European cinema’s top honor.
EFA president Wim Wenders, France’s Jeanne Moreau and Norwegian actress-director Liv Ullmann are among the cinema legends who will take the stage at Berlin’s Arena.
Up-and-comers including Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen, the villain in “Casino Royale”; Serbian director Stefan Arsenijevic; German talent Mehmet Kurtulus; and U.K. actress Lucy Russell all will present EFA statuettes to 2007 winners.
Pompadoured Finnish band the Leningrad Cowboys, made famous by the films of Aki Kaurismaki, will provide music for the event, which will be broadcast on German public network ZDF as well as on channels in 60 other territories around the world.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day