- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Belgium will launch the first ever film market exclusively devoted to 3D films. The 3D Film Mart, or 3DFM will bow for the first time Dec. 7-8 in Liege, Belgium and will offer a platform for producers of 3D features, animation, documentaries and TV fare to hook up with co-producers, financiers, sales agents and distributors from around the world. The inaugural 3DFM will feature some 20 projects in development and about ten equity investors will be invited.
Organizers, which include TWIST, organizers of Belgium’s 3D Stereo MEDIA conference, and German consultancy group peacefulfish, hope the market will spur the production of 3D features in Europe.
The European Commission’s MEDIA program will help bankroll the market. The first 3DFM is currently accepting submissions for projects and participants for the inaugural event. Information will be available from June 6 on www.3dstereomedia.eu. The deadline for submissions is Sept. 1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day