- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
German media giant Bertelsmann published preliminary year-end figures Friday that show the parent company of broadcaster RTL Group and X Factor/American Idol production house FremantleMedia increased total revenues by around 2 percent to $22.1 billion (€16.4 billion) in 2013. Operating profit (EBITDA) was up $135 million to $3.1 billion (€2.3 billion) with EBIT profits on par with 2012 figures, the company said.
Group net income is expected to top $1.08 billion (€800 million), putting it far above the adjusted 2012 figure of $828 million (€612 million).
Bertelsmann said it also chopped its net financial debt in half last year to $812 million (€600 million). Based on the preliminary, unaudited figures, the company plans to pay shareholders a dividend of 15 percent of par value on its 2001 profit participation certificates and between 6-8 percent on its profit participation certificates issued in 1992. Both payouts are scheduled for May, 2014.
Bertelsmann will publish its full, audited figures for 2013 on March 26
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day