- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Canadian kids cable channel YTV has set a May 15 premiere date for “Beyblade: Metal Fusion,” the spinoff series from the early 2000s Japanese anime sensation.
The animated series, with 51 new half-hour episodes from Canadian producer Nelvana and Japanese partner d-rights, will bow with a four-episode marathon in Canada before Cartoon Network debuts the series in fall 2010.
Cartoon Network made its own “Beyblade: Metal Fusion” lineup announcement Wednesday during its upfront presentation in New York.
The international co-produced boys action anime series bowed last year in Japan on TV Tokyo as “Metal Fight Beyblade,” and helped market a Beyblade toy line from master toy partner Hasbro, d-rights and Nelvana Enterprises also set to be introduced into the North American market.
The second-generation anime series features fresh characters competing with spinning Beyblade tops for dominance over an evil organization, the Dark Nebula.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day