- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Billboard will unveil a new music awards show in 2008, produced in collaboration with AEG Live, the live entertainment division of Los Angeles-based promotion giant AEG. The partnership is a result of the recently formed exclusive strategic alliance between Billboard parent the Nielsen Company and AEG Live.
“We have been working closely with AEG Live to identify new opportunities to expand and deepen the Billboard brand and our broadcast awards shows,” said Tamara Conniff, group editorial director of Billboard. “Leveraging our considerable combined strengths, we are excited to work with AEG to launch a new Billboard Music Awards show in 2008 that takes full advantage of the benefits of our partnership.”
Billboard will not produce an awards show this year. Instead, a comprehensive breakdown of the most significant chart achievements of 2007 in a wide array of genres will appear in Billboard’s year-end issue, on newsstands and online Dec. 14.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day