- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jack Black is hopping on board to star and produce “The Lost Adventures of Stone Perlmutter Jr.” for Universal Studios.
The project hails from scribes Peter Huyck and Alex Gregory and comes on the heels of the duo setting up the comedy “Pros” at the studio, with Mary Parent and Scott Stuber producing (HR 8/1).
“Perlmutter” is described as a faux documentary made from recently “discovered” footage from 1979 chronicling the disastrous journey of a self-styled Indiana Jones-type adventurer who traveled the world trying to find the Yeti, El Dorado, the lost tomb of Jesus and other great mysteries.
Black is attached to play Perlmutter and will produce via his Universal-based Electric Dynamite banner.
Dylan Clark is overseeing.
Huyck and Gregory began their career as writers for “Late Show With David Letterman” before going on to “The Larry Sanders Show,” “Frasier” and “King of the Hill.” They are repped by Endeavor, Mosaic Media and attorney Cliff Gilbert-Lurie.
Black, repped by UTA, will next appear in the New Line comedy “Be Kind Rewind.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day