- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HONG KONG — Korean singing superstar BoA has signed with CAA in a move to accelerate her budding U.S. career.
The hip-hop- and R&B-influenced BoA, aka Boa Kwon, has had a massive career that extended from her native Korea to Japan and Chinese-speaking territories, in large measure because of her versatility and her linguistic skills. She has sold more than 20 million records.
Within North America, CAA will rep the 22-year-old in all areas including music, film and merchandising. The agency is mulling a U.S. tour in the late second half of the year.
Under the guidance of her Korean management company, SM Entertainment, BoA launched an English-language single in October, followed by her first all-English-language album “BoA” in March. The album reached No. 3 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart, the first time a Korean singer entered the Billboard rankings.
She is currently in the U.S. on a multistate radio tour to promote the recent launch of her new single “I Did It for Love,” produced by and featuring Sean Garrett.
BoA topped the list of 20 young showbiz professionals named in March by The Hollywood Reporter in the inaugural Next Gen Asia awards.