- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Karyn Kusama is in negotiations to direct “Jennifer’s Body,” Fox Atomic’s comedic horror movie from the “Juno” team of Diablo Cody and Jason Reitman.
Megan Fox is attached to star in the project, which tells the story of a cheerleader who is possessed by a demon and starts feeding off the boys in a Minnesota farming town. Her “plain Jane” best friend must take drastic measures to protect their town from the seductive teenager.
Fox Atomic pre-emptively picked up Cody’s spec in October with Fox attached to star and Mason Novick producing (HR 10/23). Reitman and his Hard C producing partner Dan Dubiecki came on board to produce in November.
A March start date in Vancouver is planned.
Kusama, repped by WMA, gained attention for her debut “Girlfight,” which won the directing award and the grand jury award at the 2000 Sundance Film Festival. She also directed the Charlize Theron actioner “Aeon Flux.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day