- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alice Braga has been cast as the female lead opposite Jude Law and Forest Whitaker in Universal’s futuristic thriller “Repossession Mambo.”
Miguel Sapochnik is directing from a script by Eric Garcia and Garrett Lerner. Based on Garcia’s novel, the story centers on Remy (Law), a repo man made up of artificial organs, who receives a heart transplant. When he struggles to make the payments, he must go on the run from his former partner.
Braga will play Beth, who married but lost touch with Remy while he was serving in the Army. Ten years later, Beth — down on her luck and retrofitted with artificial organs — is reunited with Remy as they look to run.
Mary Parent and Scott Stuber are producing through their Stuber/Parent shingle along with Andy Davis. Production is slated to begin Oct. 15 in Toronto.
Universal’s Jeffrey Kirschenbaum is overseeing for the studio.
Braga next will be seen in Warner Bros. Pictures’ “I Am Legend,” which opens Dec. 14. She recently completed shooting on “Crossing Over” for the Weinstein Co. and Focus Features’ “Blindness.” She is in production on David Mamet’s “Redbelt” for Sony Pictures Classics.
Braga is repped by Endeavor, Roar and attorney Rick Genow.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day