- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Andre Braugher has been tapped to star opposite Ray Romano in TNT’s drama pilot “Men of a Certain Age.”
Meanwhile, Jimmi Simpson has joined Fox’s two-hour backdoor pilot “Virtuality” and Yara Martinez has come aboard NBC’s upcoming drama series “My Own Worst Enemy.”
“Age,” from Romano and Mike Royce, centers on three longtime buddies. Braugher plays one of Joe’s (Romano) best friends, Owen, an overstressed husband and father who is a car salesman at his dad’s dealership.
Braugher has teamed with director John Coles to option Ron McLarty’s novel “The Memory of Running” with an eye to star in the potential feature. He is repped by Endeavor and Principato-Young.
“Virtuality” is set aboard Earth’s first starship, which is equipped with advanced virtual reality modules. Simpson, repped by WMA and ROAR, will play a mysterious man who enters the virtual-reality world with a hostile agenda.
“Enemy” centers on Henry (Christian Slater), a suburban dad whose alter ego is a spy. Martinez, repped by APA and Allman/Rae , will play Henry’s wife who has no idea about his double life. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day