- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Another problem fixed for Spider-man: Turn Off the Dark — the play’s widely-criticized ending has been replaced with a new airborne sequence.
The new finale now includes a flying scene where the superhero propels triumphantly around the theater, according to the New York Times. The Hollywood Reporter previously wrote that previews in the play were closed to the press the week of Dec. 13 so that the ending could be retooled.
Rick Miramontez, a spokesman for the play, said that the new ending involved “an airborne finale moment that will be familiar to Spider-Man fans around the world.”
The new finale is meant to fix a problem which had plagued the $65 million production — the boring ending. Theater-goers complained about the previous, temporary ending which featured Peter Parker having a romantic moment with his girlfriend Mary Jane.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day