- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — MTV’s U.K. Channels have signed an ad sales deal thought to be worth £375 million ($625 million) with satcaster BSkyB, allowing the satcaster’s advertising sales house Sky media to oversee ad sales across MTV’s U.K. Channel portfolio which includes MTV, Viva, Comedy Central and BET.
The deal will likely see significant redundancies at Viacom Brand Solutions, the Viacom division that had previously overseen MTV’s U.K and Ireland ad sales.
The five-year deal is thought to cover advertising inventory of around £75 million ($125 million) a year and comes as Sky and MTV reup their carriage deal, renewing undisclosed financial carriage terms across the channel lineup.
It comes a month after Sky signed a £200 million ($334 million) four-year ad-sales deal with Discovery Networks, which, like the MTV deals, becomes effective Jan. 1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day