- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — BuzzMedia, a publisher of pop culture websites, has launched BuzzMedia Talent Services, a unit that will look to match online programming opportunities for celebrities with advertisers.
Headed by Craig Bland, who has been promoted to vp celebrity programming and development, the unit is charged with expanding celebrity-driven branded programming.
“Our initial forays indicate that we have only begun to scratch the surface of this opportunity,” said chief revenue officer Doug Rohrer.
BuzzMedia manages websites on behalf of musicians and other celebrities, including Britney Spears, the Kardashian sisters, as well as Nicole Richie, among others. It also runs websites such as the Superficial, Celebuzz and Buzznet.
BuzzMedia’s first forays into celebrity-driven programming campaigns have included deals with J.C. Penney, featuring “The City” star Whitney Port, and Ikea US, featuring the Kardashians.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day