- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nicolas Cage will reteam with “Gone in 60 Seconds” director Dominic Sena for the supernatural thriller “Season of the Witch.”
Ryan Kavanaugh’s Relativity Media and Atlas Entertainment are backing the project, with Atlas founder Charles Roven and partner Alex Gartner set as producers.
Cage plays a 14th century knight transporting a girl suspected of being the witch behind the Black Plague. His compatriots help him bring the girl to an abbey of monks trained in exorcising demons.
“Witch,” written by Bragi Schut Jr. (CBS’ “Threshold”), is set to begin production in November in Austria and Hungary.
Aside from reteaming the director and star, the project marks the second partnership between Relativity and Atlas (“The Bank Job”). It also reunites Cage with his “City of Angels” producer Roven, whose recent experience with another knight (“The Dark Knight”) has produced the second-highest-grossing film in history.
Cage is repped by CAA. Sena is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day