- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dwight Caines has been promoted to president of worldwide digital marketing at Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Caines, who was serving as executive vp worldwide digital marketing, handling digital marketing for the motion picture group, will oversee digital marketing strategy for all of SPE. He reports to Valerie Van Galder and Marc Weinstock, co-presidents of Columbia Pictures Worldwide Marketing Group.
In addition to directing theatrical digital campaigns, Caines will provide managerial support to Imageworks Interactive.
He is overseeing the digital campaigns for “The Hot Ticket,” Sony’s limited-engagement special programming unit, and the campaign for “Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway,” which debuts theatrically Sept. 24.
Caines also will focus on brand integration in the theatrical campaigns for Crackle, Sony’s online video venture, and will establish and chair a Digital Marketing Steering Committee, which will include representatives from all of Sony’s entertainment divisions.
Caines joined Sony in 1997.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day