- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After “Camp Rock’s” big debut during the weekend, Disney Channel is wasting no time working on a sequel to the Jonas Brothers telefilm.
The network hopes to go into production on a sequel in late spring or summer 2009, pending a script that’s in development as well as the cast members’ busy schedules.
All of the principal cast — including Joe, Kevin and Nick Jonas as well as Demi Lovato — are expected to return. The Jonases and Lovato, who are touring together this summer, also are working on their respective Disney Channel series, “J.O.N.A.S.” and “Welcome to Mollywood.”
“Camp” debuted to 8.9 million total viewers Friday night, with fans holding viewing parties nationwide. A second airing Saturday night on ABC pulled in 3.6 million viewers, while a third airing Sunday on ABC Family averaged a solid 3.7 million viewers, according to Nielsen.
Meanwhile, the movie’s premiere in Canada became Family Channel’s second-most-watched movie ever, behind Disney Channel’s “High School Musical 2” (848,000 total viewers vs. 1 million).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day