- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Canadian distributor Entertainment One is restructuring and rebranding itself E1 Entertainment as it looks to expand into new territories following a string of acquisitions in North America and Europe.
Toronto-based E1 will recast itself into four units: E1 Films (film production and distribution), E1 Television, E1 Music (its Koch music production/distribution business) and E1 Distribution (home entertainment).
During the past two years, E1 has diversified away from wholesale music and DVD distribution into filmed entertainment, in part through the acquisitions of U.K. distributor Contender Entertainment Group and Benelux distributor RCV Entertainment.
E1 Entertainment CEO Darren Throop said that the name change and rebranding aims to make his company more recognizable at international markets while helping extend its key focus on content ownership and global distribution.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day