- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Best bargain in Cannes?
A side of fougasse in any boulangerie. Cheap and so good.
Biggest faux pas?
Walking on the dress of one of your favorite actresses in the world. Sorry again, Juliette [Binoche].
What’s the strangest request you’ve ever gotten in Cannes?
“Can you ask Brad to come by and French kiss me?” from a fan waiting at the bottom of the stairs.
Biggest pet peeve?
Phones ringing during screenings, especially if it’s mine.
What place is best to avoid during the festival?
Do you have an “only in Cannes” moment?
Every night on the red carpet. It’s a unique feeling of being at the center of the world.
What’s your Cannes guilty pleasure?
A socca [pancake] brunch, the last Sunday of the fest, at the marché.
What’s one thing you won’t travel without, besides your phone?
What’s your secret for fighting jet lag?
A good Camembert beurre sandwich and a glass of Burgundy wine.
Favorite meal in Cannes?
Gnocchi from Da Laura.
Do you have a Cannes nightmare story?
There are no nightmares in Cannes. It is the other City of Dreams, no?
This story first appeared in the May 20 Cannes daily issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day