- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — CanWest Broadcasting on Wednesday unveiled a wide-ranging broadband content pact with NBC Universal for new and returning series on its fall schedule.
Toronto-based CanWest said it will stream such popular NBC series as “Heroes,” “The Office,” “Deal or No Deal” and daytime soap “Days of Our Lives” on its Global Television and E! Web sites.
As part of its latest deal with NBC Universal, negotiated at the Los Angeles Screenings, CanWest also will stream series including “90210” and “Knight Rider,” and gain first-time access to blogs, games, behind-the-scenes footage and webisodes produced by the studio.
Previously, CanWest was able to stream “Heroes” and “Bionic Woman” on its Web sites. Now it has more shows to stream, and ancillary video and text content, the broadcaster said.
CanWest also acquired NBC Universal’s “Kath & Kim,” the spinoff of “The Office,” “My Own Worst Enemy,” the upcoming midseason series “The Last Templar,” the Howie Mandel starrer “Howie Do It” and the political miniseries “XIII.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day