- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Canadian broadcaster CanWest Global Communications Corp. on Tuesday unveiled a new sales team assembled in the wake of its acquisition of rival Alliance Atlantis Communications.
CanWest Global said its sales force, to be headed by former Alliance Atlantis executive Errol Da-Re, will include Catherine Bridgman as senior vp of marketing ventures and Kathy Gardner as senior vp of integrated media research and corporate promotions.
Other veteran CanWest Global executives to continue after the current makeover include Brad Kubota, senior vp of revenue and inventory management; Lori Legault, vp of national sales; and Jennifer Holgate, vp of digital sales.
Earlier this month, CanWest Global — working with U.S. equity partner Goldman Sachs & Co. — secured final regulatory approval to acquire Alliance Atlantis’ 13 cable channels and combine them with its existing Global Television network to create a new broadcast entity.
The Canadian broadcaster will hold a 35% equity investment in the Alliance Atlantis/Global Television entity and 66 2/3% of the voting shares.
Goldman Sachs, in turn, will retain the balance of both equity and voting shares, and has an option to cash out of the venture in 2011.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day