- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony/ ATV Music Publishing has promoted Kathleen Carey to senior vp international, adding responsibilities to her current U.S. A&R role.
Carey, who was senior vp A&R, assumes responsibility for signing subpublishing deals to represent artists and catalogs outside the U.S. She also will oversee representation of Sony/ATV’s existing songwriter and catalog subpublishing deals, which include Bob Dylan, the Jimi Hendrix estate, Pearl Jam, Herbie Hancock and Toto.
“Kathleen is a winner, and we are very fortunate to have her within our company,” said Marty Bandier, chairman and CEO of Sony/ATV. “In her newly expanded role, her ability and knowledge of the catalog will bring to the table benefits to both our songwriters and ourselves.”
Carey has been with Sony/ATV for 14 years. She signed Destiny’s Child, System of a Down and John Mayer, among others.
Carey will continue to be based in Los Angeles, reporting to Bandier. She replaces Merril Wasserman in the international role.
Susan Butler is a senior correspondent for Billboard.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day