- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
JetBlue airlines is offering a novel way to avoid Carmageddon traffic in Los Angeles this weekend: flights between Burbank and Long Beach.
The airline is offering two flights each way on Saturday. The airfare? Just $4 and for an extra $1 you can upgrade to a seat with extra legroom. (This must be the cheapest airline ticket in the U.S.)
“We’re helping Angelenos get over the gridlock altogether and enjoy the Valley or the beach, their favorite soccer match or a food festival, without having to brave the traffic jams to get there,” said Mark Rogers, JetBlue’s L.A. marketing manager.
The approximately 28-mile flight is scheduled to take between 35 and 45 minutes. The airline announced the promotion Wednesday morning, and by 3 p.m., it had sold all 600 seats.
Of course, the irony of Jet Blue’s promotion is that flying between Burbank and Long Beach doesn’t get you around what’s expected to be the worst parts of Carmageddon, which will see the 405 freeway shut down between the 101 and 10 freeways.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day