- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Carmike Cinemas senior vp film Larry Collins will be honored with Show E Award for industry achievement at ShowEast 2008.
Collins will be feted at an awards gala set to close the annual exhibition confab on Oct. 16. ShowEast opens Oct. 13 at the Orlando World Center Marriott.
“Throughout his 40-year career in the business, (Collins) has achieved enormous success in bringing quality films to theaters across the country through his astute negotiating and excellent reputation with film companies and distributors,” ShowEast co-managing director Mitch Neuhauser said.
Last year’s Show E recipient was former New Line distribution president David Tuckerman.
Collins joined Carmike in 1994 as a film buyer, supervising bookers in selecting and placing films in various markets. He was promoted to vp film in 2005 and now supervises the film buyers and negotiates with broadcasters and distributors on promo screenings.
Collins was vp film at Cinema World Theatres from 1992-94, was employed as a film buyer at Cinemette Theaters and Milgram Theatres and worked as a student booker at Universal.
Columbus, Ga.-based Carmike operates 262 theaters in 36 states, including most small to midsize markets.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America