- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS has renewed “Flashpoint” for a third cycle, ordering 13 episodes of the Canadian-produced drama to air later this season.
“Flashpoint” has already been picked up for a third season by Canadian CTV, which originally developed the cop series and has been airing it concurrently with CBS.
“Flashpoint,” starring Enrico Colantoni, has been the most successful among the slew of recent scripted imports on the U.S. broadcast networks, which have been looking for lower-cost drama programming.
In its second season on CBS, “Flashpoint” averaged 9.6 million viewers and a 2.1 rating/6 share among adults 18-49.
The series, which revolves around the members of a strategic response unit, is produced by Pink Sky Entertainment, Avamar Entertainment in association with CBS TV Studios and CTV.
Outside North America, the series is distributed by Germany’s Tele Munchen Gruppe.
Nellie Andreeva reported from Los Angeles; Etan Vlessing reported from Toronto
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day