- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After a failed pregnancy last year, Celine Dion’s wish to have another child looks set to come true with the Canadian singer and her husband announcing that she is pregnant — and expecting twins.
Dion’s husband and manager Rene Angelil told People magazine that Dion, 42, is 14 weeks’ pregnant after undergoing six attempts at in vitro fertilization. He said they plan to find out the sex of the babies next month.
“We’re ecstatic. Celine is just hoping for a healthy pregnancy. She was hoping for one baby and the news that we are having two is a double blessing,” Angelil, 68, told People.
Dion and Angelil have a nine-year-old son, Rene Charles, who was also conceived through in vitro fertilization.
Dion, a five-time Grammy Award winner, is among the top-selling singers of all time, having sold more than 200 million albums around the world. Her hits include the “Titanic” theme “My Heart Will Go On” and “If You Asked Me To.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day