- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
WME has signed chef and TV personality Matty Matheson.
Matheson, who had been previously repped by UTA, made a name as the host of Vice’s food and travel show Dead Set on Life, regularly appeared on Vice’s Munchies series and hosted Viceland’s It’s Suppertime! As he pivots to self-produced web series, his YouTube channel includes the 12-part show Just A Dash and Home Style Cookery series.
As an author, Matheson’s cookbooks include Matty Matheson: A Cookbook and Home Style Cookery and he co-hosts the Powerful Truth Angels podcast with Alex 2Tone. In Toronto, he runs his own food and music festival, Mattyfest, and has stakes in two locations of Maker Pizza.
During the pandemic Matheson launched two additional brick-and-mortar restaurants, Matty’s Pattys in Toronto and Matty’s Meat and Three in Fort Erie. He is also opening a pop-up restaurant, Birria Balam.
Matheson continues to be represented by director Lisa Kanamoto of Cassoulet Palace and lawyer Ellie Heisler.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day