- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — News Corp. president and chief operating officer Peter Chernin will headline this year’s Royal Television Society biennial conference, it was announced Tuesday by conference chair James Murdoch.
The BSkyB CEO said that the theme of the conference — the high point in the U.K. calendar for broadcast executives, regulators and policymakers — will be the broadening of consumer choice.
Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello and RTL Group CEO Gerhard Zeiler also will speak at the event, to be held Sept. 13-15 at Kings College Cambridge. The theme of the gathering is “Contrasting Horizons: Perspectives from the Wider World”
“With the accelerating pace of change in entertainment and communications and the myriad of choices available to consumers, it is more important than ever to look outwards,” Murdoch said.
“As an industry, we’re renowned for looking in at ourselves, endlessly dissecting the minutiae of the marketplace, the politics, and the machinations of our rivals,” he added. “But with all this navel-gazing, how well do we really understand our customers, our viewers and our world?”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day