- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kenny Chesney has christened his next studio album “Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates,” for which a release date has yet to be announced. The country star is putting the finishing touches on the project during days off from his ongoing Flip-Flop summer tour.
However, first single “Never Wanted Nothing More” was released to radio earlier this week and garnered enough airplay to earn Hot Shot Debut honors at No. 37 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart.
“To me, it’s the pirates living in plain seat who, in some ways, are the greatest ones of all,” Chesney says of the album title. “You know, they’re living the normal life, but when they get away from that, their souls are just as free as anybody’s.”
“Just Who I Am” is the follow-up to 2005’s “The Road and the Radio,” which debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 and Billboard’s Hot Country Albums chart.
Chesney plays Columbus, Ohio, Thursday night, and has dates on tap through a Sept. 7-8 stand in Atlanta.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day