- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sci Fi Channel is fleshing out the cast of its “Children of the Corn” remake, with David Anders, Kandyse McClure, Preston Bailey and Daniel Newman coming aboard the two-hour telefilm.
The movie, based on the Stephen King novel, features Anders (NBC’s “Heroes”) and McClure (Sci Fi’s “Battlestar Galactica”) as Burt and Vicky, a couple with marital problems whose attempt at a second-honeymoon driving trip ends up taking them into a seemingly deserted rural community that conceals a grim secret among its rows of tall corn. Bailey (Showtime’s “Dexter”) plays boy preacher Isaac, while Newman (NBC’s “Surface”) plays his rebellious right-hand man Malachai.
The movie, set to air next year, is shooting in and around Davenport, Iowa. Donald P. Borchers is directing from his own script.
Anders is repped by Silver Massetti & Szatmary and Liberman/Zerman Management; Bailey is with the Savage Agency and Elements Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day