- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christoph Liedke, a former managing director of Warner Home Video Germany, has joined another German WB, as the new head of theatrical and home entertainment at Wild Bunch Germany.
Liedke is among the first major appointments at Wild Bunch Germany following the company’s merger with Berlin-based producer/distributor Senator Entertainment. He will report to Wild Bunch Germany managing director Marc Gabizon.
Naming an ex-studio executive to the team could be a sign of Wild Bunch’s ambitions with its expanded German operation.
The merger between the financially troubled Senator and Wild Bunch is being carefully watched to see how the new group will position itself both within the German market and as part of Wild Bunch’s pan-European distribution business.
In addition to its French and German operations, Wild Bunch has distribution partnerships with Altitude in the U.K., Bim in Italy and Vertigo in Spain. The company has been at the forefront of digital distribution in Europe, recently doing a risky — and financially successful — direct-to-VOD release of Abel Ferrara‘s controversial Gerard Depardieu-starrer Welcome to New York.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day