- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
All3media International has signed major deals with France 3 and German network ZDF for Safe House, the new high-end mini-series featuring Emmy-winning actor Christopher Eccleston (Accused).
The four-by-one-hour thriller premiered in the U.K. on ITV in April. It co-stars Marsha Thomason (White Collar) and Paterson Joseph (The Leftovers). Written and created by Michael Crompton, Safe House tells the story of a married couple — ex-police detective Robert (Eccleston) and school teacher Katy (Thomason), who turn their guest house, set in a remote and idyllic part of the Lake District, into a police safe house. Joseph plays Robert’s former police boss.
The series, produced by Eleventh Hour Films, has sold strongly worldwide, with deals for Australia (ABC), Sweden (TV4) and Japan (Wowwow) among others.
The U.K. show premiered to an impressive primetime audience of 5.6 million on ITV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day