- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – European theater owners will get a sneak peak at the final film in the Harry Potter franchise. Organizers at exhibitor trade fair CIneEurope will screen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 for attendees on June 30, a week before the film has its official worldwide premiere in London July 7. The film bows stateside July 15th.
The eighth and final film in the Potter franchise is as close as a movie can get to a guaranteed blockbuster. A holiday poll by Fandago.com named Deathly Hallows 2 the most anticipated film of this year and Internet forums have been heating up ahead of this summer’s due date.
Europe’s theater owners are counting on Potter to top up their till take. Deathly Hollows Part 1 was, internationally, the most successful of the Potter’s franchise, taking in some $660 million. Exhibitors are banking on Part 2 breaking that record, given that the final film in the series will be in 3-D, further boosting box office revenue.
The 2011 CineEurope runs June 27-30 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day