- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Cinema Audio Society announced nominations in two categories for its fifth annual Awards for Technical Achievement on Tuesday.
The awards will be presented at the 45th annual CAS Awards dinner Feb. 14 at the Millennium-Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles.
Products nominated in the production category are Aaton Cantar X2 Digital Recorder, Lectrosonics Venue Series Wideband RF Receiver, Sennheiser MKH-8000 Series Microphones, Sonosax SX-ST8D Digital Output Mixer and Sound Devices 788T Digital Recorder.
In the postproduction category, the products nominated are Audio Ease Speakerphone, Cedar DNS 3000 Automated Noise Suppression, Dolby Media Meter, Euphonix Artist Series MC Control and Lexicon PCM 96 Signal Processor.
“These products represent the best innovations in tools for sound-mixing professionals,” CAS president Edward L. Moskowitz said.
Honorees at the awards dinner include career achievement award recipient Dennis L. Maitland and filmmaker award recipient Paul Mazursky.
KTLA entertainment reporter Sam Rubin will be master of ceremonies at the dinner, which will also honor achievements in sound mixing in five categories.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day