- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES — Canuck sales outfit Cinemavault has closed multiple territories on “Newsmakers,” Andres Banke’s Russian-language remake of Johnnie To’s crime drama “Breaking News.”
Cinemavault has sold “Newsmakers” to Showbox of the U.K., New Select for Japan, Beijing United for China, ECS for the Mid-East and Horizon for Turkey.
A co-production between Moscow’s Tandem Pictures and Sweden’s Illusion Film, “Newsmakers” revolves around a massive police raid on a gang of armed robbers. To try and improve the public image of the police, the cops turn the raid into a reality TV show.
To’s latest, “Vengence,” premieres Friday in Competition.
Cinemavault also locked multiple territories on Michelle Monaghan’s drama “Trucker,” including sales to High Fliers in the U.K., Falcon for the Middle East, HBO for Eastern Europe, Village for Greece, DBS for Israel, ATP Insaat for Turkey and Lap TV for Latin America.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day