- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
RALEIGH, N.C. — Former “American Idol” runner-up Clay Aiken is a father.
The 29-year-old crooner from Raleigh announced the birth of Parker Foster Aiken on his blog Friday.
“No hyphens. One first name,” he wrote. “One middle name. One last name.”
Aiken’s mother, Faye, told Raleigh TV station WRAL the child was born in North Carolina.
Aiken was a favorite of fans during the second season of “American Idol,” where he finished second to Ruben Studdard. His album “Measure of a Man” went double platinum in 2003, and he made his Broadway debut this spring in “Monty Python’s Spamalot.”
The baby’s mother is Jaymes Foster, Aiken’s friend and record producer whom he met while performing on “American Idol.” Their son was born at 8:08 a.m. Friday, and weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces and was 19 inches long, according to the statement on the Web site.
“The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy,” Aiken wrote. “Mama Jaymes is doing quite well also.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day