- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — CNN Worldwide is ramping up its international efforts, opening what it calls a newsgathering hub in the United Arab Emirates and building its own newswire. CNN said it is the largest international expansion in the company’s history.
The UAE expansion will be for newsgathering and production in the Middle East, including building its business coverage. It also will add staff to its newswire.
CNN dropped Reuters this year.
A digital production unit is being formed in London, Hong Kong and Atlanta that will serve CNN International, CNNArabic.com and CNN Mobile.
Also being upgraded are CNN’s efforts in Afghanistan, Belgium, India, Kenya, Malaysia, Nigeria and Vietnam, among other nations. Correspondents are being added to London, Istanbul and Johannesburg, South Africa as well as in Beijing, Jakarta and Pakistan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day