- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Columbia Pictures has bolstered its business affairs department with the hiring of Michael Marshall as senior vp.
Marshall comes from Our Stories Films, where he was executive vp business and legal affairs.
In his new position, Marshall will negotiate development and production deals for the studio’s features, including rights acquisitions and personal-service deals for writers, directors, producers and actors. He will report to Andrew Gumpert, senior executive vp business affairs for the studio.
“I first got to know Michael when we worked together at Miramax/Dimension Films,” Gumpert said. “He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table, and I am very pleased to have him on my team once again.”
Marshall’s experience also includes heading business and legal affairs for Marvel, where he helped prepare agreements for a slate of superhero films including “Iron Man.” Before that, he was senior vp business and legal affairs at Dimension, inking deals for such films as “Sin City,” the “Spy Kids” trilogy and “The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D.”
The Pepperdine School of Law graduate also held legal positions at Universal, Arama Entertainment and MGM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day