- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
CANNES — “Hello, mobile industry? Reed MIDEM calling.” Reed MIDEM will partner with global mobile organization the GSMA for a new “Connected Creativity Forum” during next year’s MIPTV market April 5 – 7, Reed MIDEM said on Thursday as MIPCOM wrapped on the Riviera.
The forum will be the first conference of its kind specifically designed to meld the mobile world with the TV distribution biz.
Entertainment and technology will meet as content creators and distributors mingle with mobile operators and makers of smartphones and tablets, connected consoles and networked television as they discuss the future of the rapidly evolving multi-platform business.
A “Connected Entertainment Experience Hub” will showcase the latest technology for connected experiences in all aspects of the industry.
“MIPTV will be the key international forum to drive interactive, professional and user-generated content, across all distribution platforms,” chief executive, Reed MIDEM Paul Zilk said.
GSMA’s CEO John Hoffman added: “The market opportunity for ‘connected’ media and entertainment is growing dramatically, and mobile is at the heart of that.”
Mobile TV is expected to represent $11.8 billion in transactions by 2012.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day