- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Constantin Film is bringing the 1995 hit German comedy “Maybe … Maybe Not” back to the big screen. The company will produce an English-language remake for Screen Gems.
Based on Ralph Konig’s comics “Der Bewegte Mann” and “Pretty Baby,” the original film was directed by Sonke Wortmann and produced by Bernd Eichinger and was the highest-grossing German film of 1995.
The remake will be produced by Robert Kulzer for Constantin Film.
“I have wanted to make this movie since I saw the original,” Screen Gems topper Clint Culpepper said. “Now I am finally getting the opportunity to, and it is very gratifying.”
The story centers on a womanizer who is kicked out by his longtime girlfriend because of his habitual cheating. The only one who will take him in is an elderly gay man with whom he once worked. The womanizer soon realizes his girlfriend is the love of his life, and he enlists the help of his new roommate and his circle of gay friends to win her back.
Screen Gems and Constantin previously teamed on the “Resident Evil” franchise.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day