- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Canadian animation producer Cookie Jar on Monday unveiled an Internet downloading pact with CinemaNow.
Toronto-based Cookie Jar said about 400 episodes of its TV shows, including “Johnny Test” and “The Adventures of Paddington Bear,” will be offered for purchase at www.cinemanow.com via a licensing agreement.
Cookie Jar episodes will be available for $1.99 each. CinemaNow also will make sets of episodes from the same TV season available to burn to DVD for $14.99.
Other Cookie Jar shows on offer via CinemaNow include “Dark Oracle,” “Madeline,” “Mona the Vampire,” “Ripley’s Believe It Or Not” and “Upstairs Downstairs Bears.”
Josette Bonte, Cookie Jar Entertainment’s vp of digital media, said CinemaNow appealed to the Canadian producer because it enables downloading and burning to DVD for Web consumers.
CinemaNow CEO Curt Marvis said in a statement that the licensing arrangement with Cookie Jar gives parents a reason to log onto the online portal for possible downloading.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day