- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Corbett has been tapped to star opposite Toni Collette in Showtime’s comedy pilot “United States of Tara.”
The project, from Oscar-winning writer Diablo Cody, centers on Tara (Collette), a woman with a multiple personality disorder.
Corbett will play her husband, Max Gregor, a ruggedly handsome contractor who lives a life of stress and tries to read as much as he can about his wife’s condition.
The role is familiar territory for Corbett, who played hunky carpenter Aidan Shaw on HBO’s “Sex and the City.”
It also extends the actor’s relationship with Showtime. He starred in the cable network’s 2006 pilot “Manchild.”
Craig Gillespie is directing the pilot for “Tara,” which is slated to begin production in April in Los Angeles.
Corbett, who recently signed to co-star in the indie romantic comedy “Baby on Board,” is repped by CAA and Steve Lovett Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day