- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Country singer Keith Urban has ended a three-month stint in rehab for alcohol addiction, and his publicist said he is planning a world tour to promote his new album.
Urban, 39, and his wife of almost seven months, actress Nicole Kidman, attended a private party in Los Angeles following the Golden Globe Awards on Monday, People magazine reported. It quoted a spokesman as saying that Urban had been officially released from the undisclosed rehab facility.
Urban, who has a history of drug and alcohol abuse, entered rehab about two weeks before the November 7 release of his fourth studio album “Love, Pain & the whole crazy thing,” which debuted at No. 3 on the U.S. pop charts. It is now No. 30.
In a statement, Urban’s publicist said his world tour will begin in April with a short run of club shows in Britain and Germany. He will play arenas in his native Australia in May, and will launch the North American leg in June.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day