- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gemstar-TV Guide said it received a favorable ruling in its arbitration related to the termination of former CEO and chairman Henry Yuen.
The company was awarded about $93.6 million in addition to the reimbursement of its attorneys fees and interest after arbitrators ruled that Yuen was not entitled to any portion of the about $30.9 million set aside by the company as restricted cash for payment to him in connection with his removal.
Federal regulators said Friday that they soon will begin giving $83 million in cash and stock to shareholders of Gemstar-TV Guide who were harmed by a suspected scheme to inflate revenue to meet financial targets. The funds were gained from several criminal and civil actions against Gemstar, former Gemstar executives and the audit firm KPMG.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sirius XM Radio
Warner Bros. Discovery