- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Carla Gugino has joined the cast of Millennium Films and Emmett/ Furla Films’ “Righteous Kill,” the Jon Avnet crime drama that reteams Robert De Niro and Al Pacino as New York cops chasing a serial killer.
Gugino has been cast as the female lead, a crime-scene investigator with a dark personal life who enters into a relationship with De Niro’s character.
The casting comes on the heels of Gugino joining “Watchmen,” Zack Snyder’s adaptation of the Alan Moore-Dave Gibbons DC Comics miniseries for Warner Bros. Pictures, in which she will play Sally Jupiter/Silk Spectre.
Producing “Kill” are Avi Lerner, Randall Emmett, Avnet, Boaz Davidson, George Furla and Alexandra Milchan. Danny Dimbort and Trevor Short will serve as exec producers.
Russell Gewirtz wrote the screenplay for the $60 million movie, which goes before cameras at month’s end.
Gugino recently wrapped production on the indie sports drama “Our Lady of Victory” and next appears opposite Russell Crowe in Ridley Scott’s “American Gangster” for Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment.
She is represented by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sony Pictures Entertainment
Women in Entertainment