- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TUCKER, Ga. — Da Brat was arrested early Thursday after a dispute with a waitress at a nightclub northeast of Atlanta.
The rapper, whose real name is Shawntae Harris, was charged with aggravated assault, said DeKalb County Police spokeswoman Mekka Parish.
Officers answered a call to Studio 72 at 1:20 a.m. about a “brief pushing sort of thing,” Parish said.
Police couldn’t say whether the nightclub is the one that Jermaine Dupri opened this year, but the street address is the same. Club owners couldn’t be reached for comment.
Parish said the police report indicates Harris and a 24-year-old waitress at the club got into a squabble after the waitress bumped into her. At some point, the waitress walked away and moments later was hit in the face with the bottle of rum.
Parish said the waitress, who suffered a deep laceration to the cheek and some swelling on the forehead, was driven to a hospital by a friend.
Parish said Harris’ address is listed as Chicago. It wasn’t known why she was in the Atlanta area.
Harris was the first female rapper to have a platinum-selling album.
She has appeared on VH1 reality shows “Celebrity Fit Club” and “The Surreal Life.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day