- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Turner Broadcasting’s truTV has promoted Darren Campo to its top programming post.
Campo has been named senior vp programming, production and development at the former Court TV network. In his newly expanded role, Campo — who was senior vp programming, strategy and research — will add oversight of the production and development departments. TruTV’s programming unit is responsible for more than 30 original series, totaling 500-plus episodes a year.
Under truTV executive vp and GM Marc Juris, Campo has played a key role in evolving the network to a nearly all-original primetime programming lineup. TruTV credits such shows as “Ocean Force” and “Speeders” for leading to the growth of a new audience it refers to as “Real Engagers,” which was the focus behind the network’s rebranding at the start of the year.
Said Juris, “(Darren) has an incredible passion for television and brings to the role an invaluable understanding of the audience and the kind of strategic thinking rarely seen today.”
Before joining Court TV in 1999, Campo held various positions at CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day