- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Daryn Okada has been selected to serve a third one-year term as president of the American Society of Cinematographers.
The 2008-09 officers are vps Michael Goi, Owen Roizman and Richard Crudo; treasurer Victor J. Kemper; secretary Isidore Mankofsky; and sergeant at arms John Hora. The board members include Curtis Clark, Caleb Deschanel, John C. Flinn III, William A. Fraker, Stephen Lighthill, Robert Primes, Nancy Schreiber, Dante Spinotti and Kees Van Oostrum.
Membership in the 90-year-old ASC is by invitation based upon the individual’s body of work.
Okada’s credits include “Baby Mama” and “Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay,” which opened at Nos. 1 and 2, respectively, at the boxoffice on the same weekend this year. His upcoming titles include “The Goods: The Don Ready Story” and “Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.”
“We are looking forward to a banner year,” Okada said. “ASC has broken ground for the renovation of our historic Hollywood clubhouse, where our members and friends have met for 70 years. It contains a treasure trove of early film history and is a constant reminder of our mission.” The project is expected to be completed next spring.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day