- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A Daytime Emmy-winning producer has been charged with stabbing his roommate, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.
Andre Salaman Bautista pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to one count of attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon. Bail has been set at $550,000.
Bautista, who won the Emmy under the name Andre Bauth, is accused of stabbing his roommate during a Sept. 8 incident in Studio City. According to CBS2, the alleged victim is actor Clayton Haymes, who claimed an argument broke out after Haymes was skeptical of Bautista’s claim that he would eventually win five Oscars.
The charge carries a possible maximum sentence of 13 years in prison. The Los Angeles Police Department is continuing to investigate the alleged stabbing.
Bautista won the Daytime Emmy in 2015 for The Bay which prevailed in the Outstanding New Approaches Drama Series category.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day