- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Carmike Cinemas, Marcus Theatres and Wehrenberg Theatres have joined Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition as exhibitor customers.
DCDC — founded by AMC Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, Regal Entertainment, Warner Bros. and Universal Pictures — was launched in 2013 with a network of 17,000 screens across roughly 1,200 North American theater sites, and is in the process of rolling out a satellite digital cinema delivery service.
The latest signings bring the fourth and fifth largest, as well as the oldest and largest family-owned theatre chain in the U.S., into the network.
Carmike has 2,901 screens and 276 theater sites in 41 states; Marcus totals 685 screens at 55 locations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and Ohio; and Wehrenberg operates 16 movie theatres with 218 screens in Missouri, Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota. Together this adds roughly 3800 screens across 303 sites to the DCDC network.
Warner Bros., Universal, Disney, Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Paramount, Lionsgate, Focus Features, Open Road, and Freestyle Releasing are content provider customers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day