- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Roberto Cavalli has confirmed, perhaps inadvertently, that Jennifer Lopez is pregnant.
Asked what types of clothing he designs for celebrities, the fashion designer told People magazine: “Well, Jennifer Lopez, at this moment, she requests something very special because she is waiting for the baby.”
“It is so complicated because every week she is getting bigger,” Cavalli said in a story posted Tuesday on the magazine’s Web site.
Cavalli, known for his attention-getting designs, created free-flowing outfits for Lopez, who has been on tour with her husband, Marc Anthony.
His comment came after weeks of speculation, tabloid baby-bump pictures and raised eyebrows. Lopez has declined comment.
A telephone message left Wednesday for her publicist, Nancy Ryder, wasn’t returned.
“The thing about Jennifer Lopez, she is a singer, she is a dancer,” Cavalli said. “Most of the time when I prepare something for the tour, the performer, they want something very soft so they can dance and so they can move free.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day